Friday 12 January 2007

That heading


Forgot to explain the blog title, just in case anyone's wondering....
It's a line from a Bill Nelson song, He and Sleep Were Brothers, from way back when, that I've always wanted to use as a novel title 'cos I love it so much. In the absence of a suitable novel on the horizon, I thought I might as well use it here. I've not heard anything of Bill's recently, but back in the 80s and 90s, he was a fascinating and incredibly prolific musician. If I wasn't so lazy - and so much more into dance music nowadays - I'd have a dig around and see what I can find. What sticks in my mind most about some of his stuff were the incredible titles: The Love That Whirls (Diary of a Thinking Heart), The Crystal Escalator in the Palace of God Department Store....

Mxx

No comments: