Friday 12 January 2007

Hello!


Well here's something I (sort of) swore to myself that I'd never do: have a blog. Not because I'm completely averse to the idea of it or that I hold bloggers in low esteem, but because I've never really seen the point of it where my own thoughts are concerned. None of them have seemed interesting or thought-provoking enough for me to feel that they should be inflicted on the world. And, God knows, it's not like the internet needs another person telling the world what they think about life, the universe and everything.

The main reason I've gone for it is that it's been, ooh, almost two years since I updated my website (www.markmichalowski.co.uk or www.markmichalowski.com) - mainly because I keep forgetting the ftp settings for uploading new stuff, and because I keep forgetting how to use whatever package it was that I used to design and lay out the site. Every time I came to do something new to it, there was this horrid learning curve whilst I relearned even the basics.

So I figured that a blog, linked from the front of my website, might be a better way to keep things up-to-date.

And why have I decided that I need to keep my 'web presence' updated? Aha! Well that would be telling - and, at least for the next couple of months, I'm keeping my mouth shut for fear of jinxing things.

Besides, there are a couple of things that I've written since the website was last updated that I thought I should mention.

Mxx

No comments: